Wednesday 2 February 2011

Tick Tock..

..poor mis-aligned body clock.



Somehow, since becoming a member of the unemployed I've done some serious switching around of my body clock. My last night's(!) sleep took place between 6:30am and 1:30pm (I only woke this early due to continuous harrassing phonecalls from the squint telling me to stop being lazy). This does not bode well for job hunting. Or any kind of productive activity. I've tried (several times) to correct it by forcing myself to get up early despite only falling asleep two hours previously. This has been a disaster - I'm not well known for my getting out of bed abilities.

So, cue new tack. The best way to not sleep in is to not go to bed at all, right? Then tomorrow night (tonight?) I'll be so tired I'll go to sleep at a normal time and BAM, the rightful order of Laura will be restored.
I wouldn't hold your breath...

I am however slightly worried by this article that I found when researching body clocks. I never actually thought sleeping through the day and waking through the night had any great affect on human health! How wrong was I...

Anyway on a positive note, despite having less than half the day at my disposal I've managed to put it to bloody good use. I've made my appointment at the jobcentre (eurgh, good job it's later today and I'll be too numb to notice I'm there), paid my overdue phone bill (I got cut off - oopsies), and sorted my bedroom which has been an actual heap (an actual disaster zone) since way before Christmas. I even did my filing. The only thing I wanted to do but didn't was sort my craft heap out, but that can wait for another day :) I'm happy enough being able to sit on my bedroom floor haha. Plus it'll be nice to be able to find my belongings in a hurry.

Now I'm going to go make some earrings to keep me awake (although as of yet I'm not tired in the slightest!). I'll keep you updated with my progress later

In a bit!

2 comments:

  1. sleep is the best cure for everything and it has to be done at the right time, or this is what my grandmother always told me. I've had problem sleeping since I was ten, and right until eight years ago, when i moved in a new home. Now I can't stop sleeping, sometimes.
    p.s
    your cat is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete