Tuesday 1 February 2011

Growl. Weep. _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm having a minor grump. I appear to have forgotten how to write. I mean I've never been amazing at the whole words to paper via brain and fingers thing, but today I really am drawing a blank. For approximately 5 hours I've been sat here trying to write a few words to sum up a book I've just read (admittedly watching TV and eating bolognaise at the same time) and all I've managed to come up with is garbage. And not even garbage that manages to express what I want to say in the slightest. Basically this book:


..is really rather good. Although it wasn't entirely what I was expecting. It's mainly the style in which it's written - first person from the main character, Miranda Silver, her twin brother Eliot, best friend Ore, and, cleverly, the large mysterious house which holds Miranda and former generations of Silver women captive within its walls - that makes it such a pleasing read, the house's motive being, in my opinion, the most surprising aspect of this gothic tale.

Somehow that was a little bit easier after my rant, haha. I still feel _ _ _ _ _

No comments:

Post a Comment